Topic 3: Gender, Equality and Power
- Hallen, Barry, Chapters 6.
- Oyěwùmí, Oyèrónkẹ́. The invention of women: Making an African sense of Western gender discourses. University of Minnesota Press, 1997.
- Oyewumi, Oyeronke. “Conceptualizing gender: the eurocentric foundations of feminist concepts and the challenge of African epistemologies.” Jenda: A Journal of Culture and African Women Studies1 (2002): 1-9.
- Browne, Kingsley. Divided Labors: An evolutionary view of women at work. Yale University Press, 1998.
- Browne, Kingsley R. “Sex and temperament in modern society: A Darwinian view of the glass ceiling and the gender gap.” L. Rev. 37 (1995): 971.
- Okin, S. “Is multiculturalism bad for women?” Boston Review 22 (1997), October/November.